Student Accommodation Facilities
UniCentral is a modern Sunshine Coast student accommodation facility offering a secure environment for students on the edge of the University of the Sunshine Coast campus.
Each four bedroom apartment offers:
- Lockable bedroom
- Double ensemble beds (Linen package information)
- Bed side table
- Large student desks
- Two wardrobes
- Private en-suite bathroom
- Private telephone with free internal calls (Information on external calls)
- Ceiling fans
- High speed broadband Internet connection – (Information about the Network
- Fully furnished common room with lounge and dining suites
- Free laundry facilities – no walking to a communal laundry
- Fully equipped domestic kitchen
- Balcony or courtyard furniture
- Cleaning assistance for common rooms (Click here for further information)
The community facilities at UniCentral include:
- Six lane 25 metre lap pool
- Flood lit tennis/basketball court - Borrow our basket balls and tennis racquets. Or bring your own.
- Recreation pavilion with Pool Tables, Air Hockey, Table Tennis, 55" H.D T.V with Foxtel, DVD, CD and Stereo system.
- Vending Machines, for drinks and snack foods.
- Central under cover barbeque area
Other benefits of choosing UniCentral for your Sunshine Coast student accommodation:
- We can organise your airport transfers
- Electricity, phone rental, Internet access and cleaning assistance are included in your student accommodation charges
- Free Laundry facilities in each apartment
- Closest proximity to the Sunshine Coast University, just step outside the security gates and onto University campus.
- Proximity to public transport – buses run every 30 minutes from USC to the Sunshine Coast Beaches and Sunshine Plaza.
- A free bus just for students takes you to and from the local supermarket and shopping complex.
- Secured complex with Resident Managers living on site to assist you at all times
- Plenty of on-site, free secure parking
- 10 minute's drive from beautiful Sunshine Coast beaches
- We will organise your linen requirements, just tick the boxes for the services you need when you apply on line.
- Friendly and supportive management team
Internet usage at UniCentral
For details on internet usage at UniCentral, please visit the Internet page.
Each bedroom in each apartment has a private phone, there are no connection fees, or line rental and UniCentral provides free internal phone calls. This service is provided so you have access to your friends also staying at UniCentral and most important triple 000 Emergency Number
This means you can call others within the complex free of charge and you can receive phone calls also free of charge.
Standard call fees apply to phone calls made to outside numbers. $20 credit is charged at the time of your application for emergencies and we also ask that you keep a regular check on your telephone bill at the office.
We offer quality new linen packages to order. This has a cost of $280.00 - you can place an order online when completing your application.
Good quality, proffesionally laundered, used linen packages are also available to purchase - these cost $180.00.You can place an order online when completing your application.
The package includes:
- One fitted sheet
- One flat sheet
- Two pillows with matching covers
- One Doona (continental quilt or comforter)
- Two towels
- One bath mat
- One hand towel
(All beds are double sized beds)
Your UniCentral kitchen
UniCentral kitchens include all the necessary equipment to make most meals.
- Electric Kettle
- Cookware - all you will need to prepare, cook and serve meals. Saucepans, frypans, cutting board and basic cooking utensils.
- Dinnerware - plates, bowls, cups, glasses and cutlery
- Electric Oven and cooktop
Professional cleaning of the common areas of all UniCentral apartments takes place once every two weeks. This service includes cleaning of the hard surfaces ie.the common room floor, kitchen bench surface, sink, laundry floor and outdoor areas of each apartment. UniCentral asks for your assistance by tidying common areas and moving personal items into your private bedrooms. You need to make sure the dishes have been washed and put away and all rubbish must be taken out to the bins provided.
Remember to put your rubbish out DAILY into the bins provided.
You will be expected to keep your common room tidy and clean at all times. Remember you share with other students.
We provide you with a mop, bucket, broom and vacuum cleaner keeping your whole apartment clean.
We will also provide you with a new vacuum cleaner bag on request. These are available from Reception.